Scheduling Automatic Reports [Pro Edition Only]
People sometimes prefer to run reports on their sites shortly after midnight. If you are not a night owl or your office is otherwise closed, you can have TR run the report for you. (Before you can schedule a report, you must first create a document file that describes what the report should be like. See Basics: Creating a Document for how to create a new document.) You can choose from among six different time intervals:
- Hourly (Every hour on the hour)
- Daily (Each day at your chosen time)
- Weekly (A certain day of the week)
- Monthly (First of the month)
- Quarterly (First day of the new quarter)
- Off (Unscheduled)
To schedule a report:
- From the View menu, select Show Scheduler. (The Scheduler window will appear.)
- Drag the document(s) that describe the reports youd like TR to run into the Scheduler window. (You can drag TRs document files, but not log files, into the Scheduler).
- Click the expansion triangle in the upper-left corner of the Scheduler window (This reveals the Scheduler settings.)
- In the Scheduler window, highlight the document youd like to schedule.
- Select a time interval. If you select an interval other than Hourly or Off you can specify the time of day to run the report as well. You can select a time by dragging the time slider. When selecting a schedule, it is applied to all selected documents in the table. In this way, you can easily set the schedule for a group of documents.
- Repeat steps 4 & 5 for each document youd like to schedule. The Scheduler displays the day and time each documents next scheduled report will run. TR runs your reports one at a time. If it is producing a report when another is scheduled to begin, the scheduled report is delayed until TR completes its current report. As long as TrafficReport is running (background or foreground) it will automatically run your scheduled reports. (The Scheduler window doesnt need to be open for it to work.)