Basics: Getting Started
Basics: Creating a Document
TrafficReport [TR] can make some pretty cool reports for you. But, before you can have it make you a report, you have to tell it what youd like. In a restaurant, before you can eat, you need to place an order. To place an order with TrafficReport, you create a document and specify some key settings.
To make a document:
- Select New from the File menu. (An untitled document window will appear.)
- Click the Preferences button in this window. (The Preferences window will appear with the Log Location panel visible.)
- Drag your log files or folder(s) containing your Logs into the Log Location table. Or use the Add File and Add Folder buttons.
- Select the Log Structure panel from the Panel table.
- Tell TR which server software produced your Logs (see the Specifying Your Logs Structure section).
- Click the Save button and close the Preferences window.
Youve now told TR which Logs youd like reported on, as well as the Logs structure. TR is ready to run some reports for you.
Next: Basics: System Requirements
Return to Table of Contents